“Adding three layers of proxies gives you more privacy. Three layers of protection make it difficult to trace you. Proxies no longer need to be fully trusted. A single bad proxy can not see exactly what is going on.
The first proxy layer encrypts the data for you and each next proxy adds another layer of encryption. You are the only one who can decrypt these three layers correctly. Tribler uses three proxy layers to make sure bad proxies that are spying on people can do little damage.”
|Automatic anonymous 50MByte test download using new Tor-like protocol / Tribler 6.3.1|
- Tor-like anonymous tunnel building, based on UDP;
- Support for Cell,Create,Extend, and Ping Tor protocol messages;
- Diffie-Hellman session key exchange;
- Real-time crawler for bandwidth performance (inspired by metrics.torproject.org);
- decentralized directory service for Tor-like routers;
- automatic anonymous 50MByte test download using new Tor-like protocol;
- no general anonymous downloads yet, trial-only.
Besides this, the latest Tribler 6.3.1 includes the following changes:
- A year of bug fixing, polishing and performance tweaking;
- thumbnail navigation:
- single-click streaming from main screen;
- channels can now optionally be browsed by thumbnails;
- Youtube-like GUI composed of user-generated images;
- Prepares the way for remote control navigation & operation.
- complete rewrite of the elastic database engine (the dispersy overlay):
- use of Twisted frameworks instead of our custom event-handlers;
- less reliance on master bootstrap servers (new discovery community);
- improvements in NAT puncturing efficiency;
- faster data synchronization between Tribler peers.
Install Tribler in Ubuntu / Linux Mint
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/tribler
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install tribler
Arch Linux users can install Tribler via AUR.