Changes in Streamlink 0.5.0 include:
- added support for streaming videos stored on Google Drive / Google Docs;
- added support for BBC iPlayer live and VOD, along with support for HLS streams;
- add support for Beam VOD and HLS streams for live;
- added support for camsoda.com;
- added new plugin: canlitv;
- added new plugin: garena;
- Aliez plugin now accepts any TLD;
- added support for avi/mov VOD streams for rtve;
- removed dead plugins such as blip.tv, gaminglive.tv, leon.tv, livestation.com and more.
For a complete list of supported streaming services, see THIS page.
Using the Streamlink command line interface is very simple. Here’s an example using a Google Drive video. The first thing you need to do is run Streamlink with the link you want to stream, to see the available streams:
This should list the available formats:
[cli][info] Found matching plugin googledrive for URL https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0tRrdcY7CwJWGdVdHEyYWpfTTQ
Available streams: 360p_alt, 480p_alt, 360p (worst), 480p, 720p, 1080p (best)
Next, simply add one of the available streams at the end of the command, and Streamlink will start streaming:
streamlink https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0tRrdcY7CwJWGdVdHEyYWpfTTQ 1080p
By default, Streamlink uses VLC to play the stream, but you can specify a different video player by using the “–player” argument, e.g. “–player mpv” to use mpv instead.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
sudo apt update
sudo apt install streamlink