Cpanel IonCube Softaculous PROBLEM! How to fix it!
None of the below worked but the last line.. What did work after all of that was to go to tweak settings and select ioncube and save it… You probably need to install ioncube first but you may only need to turn it on in tweak settings so try that first!
1. Download the newest version of Ioncube here http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php
2. extract it and upload it to your server. It is easiest to use wget like this..
3. Extract it tar xvzf ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.tar.gz
4. I am using PHP 5.2.17 so I need the ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so version
5. Move the whole ioncube directory to /usr/local
mv ioncube /usr/local
6. Next add it to your php.ini file
vi /usr/local/lib/php.ini you can also use nano vi is just my editor of choice
add this line to the php.ini
7. save the file and restart apache to save it in vi hit esc then :wq
8. Click the restart apache in cpanel
You can also install it via easy apache which is all point and click… Although when I used easy apache it still it was not installed..
Site error: the file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/softaculous/enduser/main/functions.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator.
After the above did not work for me either I found this.
To install IonCube loading in cPanel, run the following as root:
# /scripts/phpextensionmgr install IonCubeLoader
This did not work either even though when I did php -v it showed it as installed.. Next I found this
run this as root from your cpanel server it recomplies apache which I already di once through easyapache..
that did not work either!
What did work after all of that was to go to tweak settings and select ioncube and save it…